Shannon Schott was raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She attended The Bolles School and matriculated to the University of Florida, from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a certification in Public Affairs. She went on to Stetson University College of Law where she interned with a local Personal Injury law firm, an ERISA and Personal Injury law firm in Clearwater, the Attorney General’s Office, Children’s Legal Services Division and the State Attorney’s Office for the 4th and 6th Judicial Circuits. She interned with the Honorable Philip J. Federico in the 6th Judicial Circuit. She received the Blews Pro Bono Award for logging more than 300 hours of service while at Stetson Law, and received a certification in Trial Advocacy.
Shannon has practiced law in Jacksonville since her admittance to the Florida Bar in 2010. She is admitted to practice in Florida and the Middle District of Florida. She has tried more than 30 trials to verdict and represented more than 2000 clients. She has been named an Ultimate Attorney by Jacksonville Business Journal and named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2016-2019. She was also honored by The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division in 2014-2019 for her pro bono work.
Shannon is a Board Certified Specialist in Juvenile Law. Adopted as a child, she is committed to helping children in the Dependency system. She also dedicates her time to educating children and their families about their legal rights in Criminal and Personal Injury cases.
Shannon is actively involved in the legal, civil and philanthropic organizations.
- Committee Member, Florida Bar Juvenile Law Board Certification Committee
- President-Elect, Florida Association of Criminal Lawyers Northeast Chapter.
- Co-chairperson, Solo and Small Firm Committee of the Jacksonville Bar Association.
- Board member, Jacksonville Justice Association
- Board Member, House Corporation for Gamma Iota Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi
- Board Member, Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Justice Association.
- Board Member, Young Lawyers Section of the Jacksonville Bar Association.
- Memberships: Junior League of Jacksonville Jacksonville Women Lawyer’s Association, Catholic Lawyers Guild
Shannon experienced pre-term labor when her first child was born. Her son was nearly 8 weeks early and spent 28 days in the neonatal intensive care unit. She has since become an advocate to raise awareness about prematurity and volunteers with the March of Dimes. Shannon is a member of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority and serves on the House Corporation for the ADPi Chapter at the University of Florida. Shannon volunteers her time with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid The Tom Coughlin Jay Fund, and The Women’s Board, benefiting Wolfson’s Children’s Hospital.
Shannon is an advocate for moms, especially working moms. She edits a blog, MrsMakeItRainka.com dedicate to helping working moms succeed.
Email Shannon to learn how she can help you.